everything that's on my mind

(as if there's not already enough people doing this)

Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

Moving to Little Rock

Well, I've tried to get this thing started up a couple of times now, but I'm going to try to make this one happen. Since the last time I tried, a lot has changed....

Just over two weeks ago my family and I officially moved back to Little Rock. We left here 4 years ago for Huntsville, Alabama, and have now come back home. I started work here on July 5, and my wife and kids stayed in Huntsville as we were selling our house. Finally, we closed on August 5, and then over here on August 8, and so we got moved in just a couple of weeks ago.

We're very excited about the move. A big change, but back to a familiar place, so not as big as before. I'm enjoying my job, my daugther is enjoying her new school, and we're all enjoying being back in Little Rock and close to more family here in Arkanasas.


It was a bit of a painful process, all of the waiting and being apart from my family. I don't like that at all. I have friends who travel a lot - gone from their family for a week or more at a time. I could never do that. I hated it. I hope I never have to do it again. But thankfully, by the grace of God, that's over with for now and we are getting settled and back into a normal routine of life. The major issues now are getting finished unpacking and finding a new church home.

Well, I've got more things to say, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.... later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?