everything that's on my mind

(as if there's not already enough people doing this)

Friday, September 16, 2005

 

Nothing is sound


Switchfoot is one of my very favorite bands, so obviously I was looking forward to their new release this week, Nothing Is Sound. They seem to have gotten better with every album released, although I was not expecting such this time around. Their last, The Beautiful Letdown, was one of those albums that you point to and say, "That's their best, and they'll never top it." I consider albums like U2's The Joshua Tree in that category.

However, this is still a great album, and very likely close to being as good as Letdown. After only a few listens, it's evident that this will be, like Letdown, one of my favorite albums of the year, and favorite albums in my collection as well. I'm not a music critic and won't try to officially review the disc, because I'm not good at that. But I will tell you that you should drop what you're doing, and run out and buy it immediately.

Track Listing:
1. Loney Nation
2. Stars
3. Happy Is A Yuppie Word
4. The Shadow Proves The Sunshine
5. Easier Than Love
6. The Blues
7. The Setting Sun
8. Politicians
9. Golden
10. The Fatal Wound
11. We Are One Tonight
12. Daisy

Comments:
thanks for the comment...good to meet another blogger!!!

Switchfoot - by far the best "new" band on the scene right now...

This album will NOT be as good as Letdown - that is a once in a career album - Joshua Tree reference appropriate..

But it is definitely it's runner up...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?