everything that's on my mind

(as if there's not already enough people doing this)

Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Ted Dekker's books

I don't really read a whole lot of fiction. I usually get in a "fiction zone" and read several books in a short time, but then don't read any for a long time after that. And only once have I read a book by an author that caused me to anticipate everything he or she released. That was about 15 years ago, when someone recommended I read This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. Since then, I've anticipated all of his books and have read everything he has released (except his most recent, Monster, which is still on my "to read" shelf.) No other fiction author have I been as interested in reading as I was him, until just recently.

About two years ago, someone recommended to me the novel
THR3E by a guy I'd never heard of, Ted Dekker. I looked it up, read a review or two, and it sounded good, so I gave it a shot. I loved it. I was immediately a Ted Dekker fan.

I next read his previous novel,
Blink, and then, in 2004, he released The Circle Trilogy (Black, Red, White), which told a story via three books released over the course of the year. The Circle Trilogy was excellent. Just today, while at home sick, I've started reading Obsessed, which was released earlier this year, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm a few chapters in and already finding it difficult to put down. He also released his first non-fiction book this year titled The Slumber of Christianity, which I've also not yet read, but have waiting on my shelf.

So, today I went to Ted's website for the first time in months and realized he has two new books due out in the coming months. In January, he's releasing
Showdown. It is, like his other books, a story about good vs evil and I'll likely be reading it soon.

However, what I'm really excited about is coming in April. It's the book titled
House, and he has co-authored it with none other than Frank Peretti. It's billed as a "supernatural thriller" and I can't imagine it not being excellent with these two guys behind it. You can check out the video trailer here.

If you haven't read any of Ted Dekker's books, but like good, suspenseful fiction, I highly recommdend them.




Also found a link on Dekker's website to an article called
"Why do heathens make the best Christian films?" by Thom Parham, which discusses why most of the films which successfully incorporate Christian themes are made by non-Christians. Very interesting.



P.S. Just found out here that THR3E is being made into a movie.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?