everything that's on my mind

(as if there's not already enough people doing this)

Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

The Year In Books & Music 2005

Well, it's that time again. Here's my 2005 list of my favorite things I read and listened to this past year. I only read one fiction book this year, but I have several fiction books I hope to read in the coming year. I also didn't read as much this year. With back surgery, then moving back to Little Rock from Alabama, and various other reasons, I just didn't read as much as I wanted. I actually have several partially read books that I don't anticipate finishing before year end. So, with that said, here's my list for this year.



Book of the Year
Seizing Your Divine Moment : Dare to Live a Life of Adventure - Erwin McManus

Runners-up
  • We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families : Stories from Rwanda - Philip Gourevitch
  • God's Politics : Why the right gets it wrong and the left doesn't get it - Jim Wallis
  • The Barbarian Way : Unleash the Untamed Faith Within - Erwin McManus
  • Blue Blood : Duke-Carolina : Inside the Most Storied Rivalry in College Hoops - Art Chansky
  • Obsessed - Ted Dekker

    Honorable Mention
  • Making Sense of Church: Eavesdropping on Emerging Conversations about God, Community, and Culture - Spencer Burke
  • The Gutter : Where Life's Meant To Be Lived - Craig Gross
  • The Church of Irresistible Influence : Bridge-Building Stories To Help Reach Your Community - Robert Lewis
  • A Fragile Stone : The Emotional Life of Simon Peter - Michael Card


  • Other stuff I read
  • It Takes A Village Idiot : Complicating the Simple Life - Jim Mullen
  • flashbang : How I Got Over Myself - Mark Steele
  • EPIC - John Eldredge
  • I'm Back For More Cash - Tony Kornheiser
  • Home Court Advantage : Preparing Your Children to be Winners in Life - Kevin Leman
  • Eyes Wide Open : Looking for God in Popular Culture - William Romanowski



    Album of the Year
  • I See Things Upside Down - Derek Webb

    Runners-up
  • Reflection Of Something - Todd Agnew
  • Nothing Is Sound - Switchfoot
  • A Collision - David Crowder Band
  • Ogre Tones - King's X
  • X&Y - Coldplay
  • All To You - Lincoln Brewster
  • Eternity With You - Clay Crosse

    Honorable Mention
  • Brave - Nichole Nordeman
  • ...And The Rest Will Follow - Project 86
  • Panic - MxPx
  • The Art of Breaking - Thousand Foot Krutch
  • Wherever You Are - Third Day
  • Restored - Jeremy Camp
  • Atom Bomb - Blind Boys of Alabama
  • Worship In The City - Grace Church Worship Band
  • Redemption Songs - Jars of Clay
  • Farewell - Petra

    Other stuff I listened to
  • Death on the Road - Iron Maiden
  • Look To You - Hillsong United
  • Strong Tower - Kutless
  • For All You've Done - Hillsong
  • The Great Depression - Blindside
  • All The Right Reasons - Nickelback
  • Better Days - Robbie Seay Band
  • Passion 05 : How Great Is Our God - Passion Worship Band
  • mmhmm - Relient K
  • Day of Fire - Day of Fire
  • Dirty Diamonds - Alice Cooper
  • In Christ Alone - ZOE Group



  • Other available lists: 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000


    Comments: Post a Comment



    << Home

    Archives

    May 2004   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?