everything that's on my mind

(as if there's not already enough people doing this)

Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

A new pen...Sweet!

My wife went out this afternoon to run some errands and do a little shopping, and came back with a gift for me. When she told me, she appeared as though she was trying to avoid laughing. With a big smile on her face, she told me to close my eyes, and so I complied. Then, I was told to open them, and this is what I saw in front of me - the Napoleon Dynamite Talking Pen.

I love this movie, so I was thrilled. It says the following 7 phrases from the movie:

  • Yesss!!
  • I caught you a delicious bass.
  • Sweet!
  • I told you, I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
  • Lucky!
  • Whatever I feel like I wanna do, gosh!
  • Freakin' idiot!

    I have no idea how long this will last, but I figure I'll enjoy it while it does. Sweet!



    Still "not our rivals"

    I watched Duke beat Maryland for the second time this year earlier today in College Park. Duke never trailed in the game. Redick had 35 again, just like in the Carolina game a few days ago. He didn't score until nearly seven minutes into the game, and only had 11 at the half, I think. Then he took off in the second half. Shelden had a huge game, too, with 26 points and 13 rebounds.

    The great news in today's game, however, is the help. Redick and Williams are going to get theirs most games, but when they have help, Duke is hard to beat. Today, Paulus had 16 points, including four 3-pointers, and Dockery had 15 points, with three 3-pointers. On top of that, Josh McRoberts also had 12 rebounds. Considering McRoberts big scoring against Carolina (17 points), and his rebounding today along with Paulus' and Dockery's play, I'd say Redick and Williams are starting to get more and more help. If Lee Melchionni can find his shot again, and Nelson continues to get back in the flow of things, Duke is going to be very hard to beat in March.

  • Comments: Post a Comment



    << Home

    Archives

    May 2004   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?