everything that's on my mind

(as if there's not already enough people doing this)

Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Dance : day seven

Well, we're down to 6 now.

Atlanta

I'm not really surprised LSU won. I mentioned the Duke factor yesterday. But I still thought Texas was on a mission and that they might pull it out. I don't like PJ Tucker, who I think is a punk, but I like Rick Barnes and wouldn't mind seeing him succeed. Of course, I went to college with a lot of people from Texas, and listened to them babble on and on about how great the state of Texas is, so I don't mind seeing Texas teams lose whenever possible. I will not be surprised to see LSU win it all. Also, with LSU winning, the SEC gets it's first team since 2000 (Florida) into the final four, and only the second in the last 8 years. They've had quite a drought, but it's over now, and actually could end up with 2 teams in if Florida wins tomorrow. (Kentucky, as I always like to point out, will miss it for the eighth year in a row now. You gotta love that.)

Minneapolis

This was one of the ugliest games I've ever seen. Memphis was throwing up brick after brick in the first half, and they just could not seem to gain much ground after UCLA took the lead. UCLA looked like they were playing to prove something - that not enough people took them seriously. Granted, I'd not seen them play all year long, but I originally picked them for the final four (as I mentioned before) because everyone said they were playing well. After watching them play against Alabama and Gonzaga, I wasn't that impressed. But I was glad - as always - to see Calipari and Memphis lose.

Final thoughts

I'll go ahead and pick the first final four game (although I reserve the right to change my mind before next weekend.) UCLA has continued to win, and they may very well be able to knock off LSU like they did Gonzaga and Memphis, but I am - at least for now - going to go with LSU in this game.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?